Wow!! The summer flew by. Seems it was just a few days ago we were wishing all of our Buffaloes a “Happy Summer!” The staff of FE are excited to start the new school year. We are looking forward to seeing so many returning families, and getting to know our new families. Hopefully all of you can make it to Back to School Night tonight from 5:00-6:00.
August 8 – Back to School Night from 5:00-6:00. Students will meet their teacher and drop-off supplies.
August 12 – First Full Day of School Grades 1-5. Breakfast and lunch will be served. Start time is 7:45 and End time is 3:00.
August 15 – Kindergarten First Full Day
Drop-Off Procedures: The procedures for morning drop-off are in the attached handbook. A couple things parents can do that will help everyone are:
- Stay in your car.
- Have students exit the passenger (sidewalk) side of your vehicle.
- When walking student up, park in the parking lot and use the crosswalks.
- Breakfast starts at 7:15. All students eating breakfast will enter through the front door.
- Students not eating breakfast should arrive between 7:25 and 7:45.
- Car-riders will enter the front doors.
- Walkers will enter through the pod doors at the rear of the building.
Dismissal: Teachers will exit the rear of the building at 3:00 pm. Walkers will follow the sidewalk that exits through the gate and into the neighborhood. Car riders will continue with the teacher to the front of the building. Below are things parents can do to help with dismissal.
- Pull all the way forward when you arrive. Cars that arrive early and wait by the entrance make it difficult for other cars to pull forward.
- Stay in your car. Staff will bring the students to the passenger side of your vehicle. Students will then enter through the passenger side.
- Once staff have reached the front of the building, they will not walk the circle backwards. Loading will take place near the front entrance.
See you tonight!!